Berthe Cygelfarb is a Holocaust Survivor with a compelling story to tell, and she tells it beautifully. When Berthe visited Crestwood in December 2015, she spoke to Mme Doherty’s French class, and they were entranced by Berthe’s charm and humour, as were the students in the subsequent interview. Berthe recounted to both groups the horrors of the Holocaust in France, of the deportations and complicity of the Vichy regime. She brought with her a host of photos, which tell the story of her family and of Berthe’s own recovery.
We thank the Azrieli Foundation and March of the Living for their role in referring Berthe to us.
- 1. Berthe Cygelfarb - Early Memories.mp4
- 2. Living in Paris.mp4
- 3. A Child's View of the German Occupation.mp4
- 4. Jewish Life in France; The Posters.mp4
- 5. Restrictions.mp4
- 6. Living Conditions.mp4
- 7. Berthe's Father.mp4
- 8. When the Rafles Began.mp4
- 9. Le Vel d'Hiver.mp4
- 10. Going into Hiding.mp4
- 11. In Hiding.mp4
- 12. 1945 - The End of the War.mp4
- 13. Postwar Marriage Plans.mp4
- 14. Postwar Emigration.mp4