Sophie Krausz is a delightful 73yr. old woman who has been living at the Terraces of Baycrest since 2012. Sophie was born in Russia two months after the Holocaust commenced. She lived in Poland for 13 years. Sophie came to Canada in 1958. Sophie was the only child in her family. The family emigrated from Europe to Montreal.
Sophie is widowed. She has 2 daughters and one son. She is an educated woman who graduated from Concordia University (Montreal) in 1978. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, and went to Teacher’s College and was a Public School Teacher who taught ESL and Special Ed. As well, Sophie spent 6 summers at a camp teaching arts and crafts. Sophie was interviewed for this project in March 2015 by Hannah Mirsky, Amy Cho, and Toby Chung.
Click next video below to keep watching
- 1. Sophie Krausz - Early Life and Experiences.mp4
- 2. Coming to Canada.mp4
- 3. Finishing School and Starting a Family.mp4
- 4. Life in Canada.mp4
- 5. Sophie's Memoir.mp4
- 6. The March of the Living.mp4
- 7. Hobbies and Interests.mp4
- 8. Transitioning to Canada and Montreal.mp4
- 9. Teaching; Music and Technology.mp4
- 10. Family; Songs.mp4
- 11. A Memoir Excerpt; Shalom Aleinu.mp4
- 12. Writing the Memoir.mp4