Welcome Back for Another Great Year!
Please view the weekly newsletter to see what’s on the menu this week!
ARAMARK Canada continues to focus on offering a variety of fresh, whole, simple foods served in an environmentally friendlier way, while creating an engaging dining atmosphere for our students.
We offer a range of food choices, including at least one daily vegetarian option, regular local and seasonal features, full meals, snacks and beverages created especially for the students’ tastes at Crestwood Preparatory College. Our new dining concept for the 2010/2011 school year, the FUEL program, features daily Optimum FUEL hot entrées made with at least 3 of 4 food groups from Canada’s Food Guide and an emphasis on foods of maximum nutritional value.
For students on the go – we carry a wide variety of express sandwiches, salads, and healthier snacks in addition to our daily hot and cold fare.
We take great pride in creating menus that are not only appealing for the student community at Crestwood Preparatory School, but that also feature key messages from Eating Well with Canada’s Food Guide including:
- An emphasis on colourful (dark green, orange, red) vegetables & fruit prepared with little or no added fat, sugar, or salt
- At least half of grain products featured are whole grains, highlighting grain products that are lower in fat, sugar, or salt
- A priority placed on lower fat milk and milk alternatives for adequate calcium and vitamin D intake
- A variety of lean meat and meat alternatives prepared with little or no added fat or salt, with the inclusion of meat alternatives such as beans, lentils, and tofu as often as possible
- Fish, prepared with little or no added fat, sugar, or salt, offered as a regular menu feature
- The addition of a small amount of unsaturated fats by using only heart healthy oils (ie. olive, canola) in our recipes
We are happy to accommodate any food related concerns to ensure an exceptional dining experience for each and every student at Crestwood Preparatory College. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 416-391-1441 X46.
As we head into a new school year, we look forward to sharing our passion for food with you!
Beata, Food Service Manager
Crestwood Preparatory College.